Sakinah Circle programming is based on a philosophy of education derived from the Qur’anic worldview.
- Learn in ways that brings students closer to the Creator
- Develop critical minds, conscious hearts and compassion for others
- Recognize student’s fitrah (innate nature), nurture taqwa (God consciousness) and strive to become khulafah (stewardship)
- Development of Sakinah (inner tranquility)
- A focus on becoming intentional, responsible, respectful, real and reflective individuals
- Learning that is drawn from Islamic faith, civilization and intellectual tradition
- A holistic learning environment that addresses a student’s academic, creative and personal development
- An introduction to Arabic. All Sakinah Circle students receive 150 minutes of Arabic instruction every week, except Kindergarten who receives 75 minutes of Arabic instruction a week.
- Recognizing the wonders of nature and how it builds a deeper spiritual connection with Islam
- Opportunities for community service
- Modified calendar to accommodate Eid holidays
Students and families from all faiths and cultures are welcome. For more information about eligibility, contact a school offering Sakinah Circle.
All Edmonton Public Schools programming is based on curriculum determined by Alberta Education. Students enrolled in Sakinah Circle will receive the same high-quality education offered in all of our programs.
Some yellow busing options are available. For more information about busing, contact a school offering Sakinah Circle or call Student Transportation at 780-429-8585.