SAKINAH CIRCLE ALTERNATIVE PROGRAM REGISTRATION INFORMATION
The following form must be submitted (with the $100.00 application fee) to the school before the pre-enrolment deadline of April 14, 2022:
Sakinah Circle programming is based on a philosophy of education derived from the Qur’anic worldview.
- Learn in ways that brings students closer to the Creator
- Develop critical minds, conscious hearts and compassion for others
- Recognize student’s fitrah (innate nature), nurture taqwa (God consciousness) and strive to become khulafah (stewardship)
- Development of Sakinah (inner tranquility)
- A focus on becoming intentional, responsible, respectful, real and reflective individuals
- Learning that is drawn from Islamic faith, civilization and intellectual tradition
- A holistic learning environment that addresses a student’s academic, creative and personal development
- All Sakinah Circle students receive Arabic instruction.
- Recognizing the wonders of nature and how it builds a deeper spiritual connection with Islam
- Opportunities for community service
Students and families from all faiths and cultures are welcome. For more information about eligibility, contact Grace Martin School.
All Edmonton Public Schools programming is based on curriculum determined by Alberta Education. Students enrolled in Sakinah Circle will receive the same high-quality education offered in all of our programs.
To be eligible for alternative program yellow bus service, a student must:
- attend the alternative program at the designated school
- live outside of the walk boundary
- live within the bus service area
- be in K - Grade 6
View the detailed map on any school page for the yellow bus service area, or contact the school.
BUS ROUTES AND STOP LOCATIONS
Yellow bus routes serving students in alternative programs are called modified-fixed routes. Students on modified-fixed bus routes walk a short distance (usually less than 400 metres) from home to a nearby ETS stop or intersection.
The ride may be up to 90 minutes one-way, but most students are on the bus for less than 60 minutes.
To apply for service in 2022-23 :
Complete the 2022-23 yellow bus service application form if your child needs service starting in September 2022.
Sakinah Circle Yellow Bus Attendance Area Map