Sakinah Circle Alternative Program
Sakinah Circle programming is based on a philosophy of education derived from the Qur’anic worldview.
- Learn in ways that brings students closer to the Creator
- Develop critical minds, conscious hearts and compassion for others
- Recognize student’s fitrah (innate nature), nurture taqwa (God consciousness) and strive to become khulafah (stewardship)
- Development of Sakinah (inner tranquility)
- A focus on becoming intentional, responsible, respectful, real and reflective individuals
- Learning that is drawn from Islamic faith, civilization and intellectual tradition
- A holistic learning environment that addresses a student’s academic, creative and personal development
- All Sakinah Circle students receive Arabic instruction.
- Recognizing the wonders of nature and how it builds a deeper spiritual connection with Islam
- Opportunities for community service
- Modified calendar to accommodate Eid holidays
Students and families from all faiths and cultures are welcome. For more information about eligibility, contact Grace Martin School.
All Edmonton Public Schools programming is based on curriculum determined by Alberta Education. Students enrolled in Sakinah Circle will receive the same high-quality education offered in all of our programs.
Sakinah Circle students can apply for yellow busing on SchoolZone (Forms tab). For more information about busing, contact the school.
The following 3 forms must be submitted together (with the application fee) to the school: