SAKINAH CIRCLE ALTERNATIVE PROGRAM
Sakinah Circle programming is based on a philosophy of education derived from the Qur’anic worldview.
- Become intentional and reflective individuals
- Develop critical minds, conscious hearts and compassion for others
- Nurture student’s fitrah(innate nature), taqwa (God consciousness) and strive to become khulafah (stewards)
- Learning that brings us closer to the Creator
- Sense of sakinah (inner tranquility)
- Pedagogical foundational framework drawn from Islamic faith, civilization and intellectual tradition
- Qur’anic worldview infused in all areas of study
- A holistic learning environment that addresses a student’s academic, spiritual and intellectual development
- Emphasis on the wonders and beauty of the natural world as presented in the Qur’an
- Introductory exposure to Arabic language
- Modified calendar to accommodate Eid holidays
Students and families from all faiths and cultures are welcome. For more information about eligibility, contact Grace Martin School.
All Edmonton Public Schools programming is based on curriculum determined by Alberta Education. Students enrolled in Sakinah Circle will receive the same high-quality education offered in all of our programs.
To be eligible for alternative program yellow bus service, a student must:
- attend the alternative program at the designated school
- live outside of the walk boundary
- live within the bus service area
- be in K - Grade 6
View the detailed map on any school page for the yellow bus service area, or contact the school.
To Enroll (new students) for 2024-25 School Year (see EPSB deadlines here)
- Register with Edmonton Public Schools
- Fill out the Sakinah Circle Application Form 2024-2025 and submit it to the school before March 22, 2024.